APLDNJ HOSTING A GARDEN TOUR IN NYC
The High Line Garden and World Trade Center site
on Wednesday September 2nd
The New Jersey Chapter of the
Association of Professional Landscape Designers
would like to invite you to join us
Here is our itinerary for Wednesday, September 2nd:
- Meet at the north end of The High Line at 9:30AM. Entrance on West 34th between 11th and 12th Avenues at the Jacob Javits Center. It is a 12 Minute walk from Penn Station
- Our tour of The High Line will begin at 10AM.
- Walk The High Line – approximately 90 minutes.
- Lunch on your own – Chelsea Market and other options in a great neighborhood with a variety of options and pricing.
- Walk to 14th Street and 8th Avenue to take the A Train to the 9/11 Memorial. The train entrance is at 8th Avenue.
- Meet Wayne Dubin of Bartlett Tree at the “Survivor Tree” in the World Trade Center. Wayne will speak to us about the care of the trees in the Plaza, along with the challenges that they face. He will touch on the design of the memorial as well. His tour will be approximately an hour.
- After the tour, we can take the A train back to Penn Station for the trip home.
Below are two links to maps for getting around that day – the first from Javits to the 14th street train stop. Second is from the train to the the World Trade Center site.
Date: Wednesday, September 2nd
Time: Meet at 9:30; Tour begins at 10:00AM
Location: High Line Garden entrance, West 34th between 11th & 12th Ave